Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 6 Hansard (9 June) . .
(3) Did any other community group receive money which was not part of the Multicultural, Language or Radio Grants' Programs; if so, (a) how much did they receive and (b) what was the purpose of the money given to each group.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The following multicultural groups received money in the last 12 months:
Canberra Multicultural Community forum
Migrant and Refugee Settlement Services of the ACT
ACT Multicultural Youth Services
AC T Community Language Schools Association
Canberra Islamic Centre
(2) This information is not known. We do not ask the above funding recipients to provide this information.
(3) Volunteering and Contact ACT received $3,700.00 for participation in the 2016 National Multicultural Festival.
Multiculturalism—grants to community groups
(Question No 741)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Multicultural and Youth Affairs, upon notice, on 2 May 2016:
(1) How many applications were lodged for the Participation (Multicultural) Grants Program for 2015-2016.
(2) How much money was given to (a) Muslim, (b) Christian, (c) Jewish and (d) Buddhist groups.
(3) How does the Minister and the Directorate ensure that money granted to a group is used to achieve what was outlined in its application request.
(1) 144 applications were lodged for the Participation (Multicultural) Grants Program for 2015-2016.
(2) We do not ask for this information and therefore not able to provide the information.
(3) There is an acquittal process that is managed by the Contracts and Grants Unit of the Community Services Directorate to ensure that money granted is used to achieve what was outlined in the application.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .