Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 5 Hansard (5 May) . .
$6,072.00 - reprint of cardboard trams (10,000)
$963.00 - reprint of DL brochures (3,000 each of timeline and benefits DL).
(5) Nil. Furniture is included in the lease for the office space.
(Question No 703)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Housing, Community Services and Social Inclusion, upon notice, on 5 April 2016:
(1) What building code applies to public housing properties on Lowanna Street, Braddon.
(2) Are the front doors and doors leading off the basement/s of public housing properties on Lowanna Street required to be fire safety doors in order to comply with the applicable building code.
(3) What impact will the ACT Government's proposed purchase of approximately 400 more public housing units, as reported in The Canberra Times on 7 March 2016, have on affordable housing in the ACT.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Building Code of Australia (BCA) applies to all properties that are constructed in the ACT.
(2) The doors leading off the basement in the Lowanna Street complex are required to be fire doors to comply with the BCA. The front doors are not required to be fire doors.
(3) It is anticipated that approximately 400 dwellings will be purchased by the Public Housing Renewal Taskforce for public housing over a period of up to three years. This translates to approximately 130 to 160 dwellings purchased per annum and is less than 4 per cent of the Land Development Agency's annual program of dwelling sites being placed on the market over the same period.
The purchase of properties for public housing is not expected to have any impact on the ability of the development industry to continue to undertake housing construction or to provide affordable housing.
The Government remains committed to its focus on housing affordability including ensuring that 20 per cent of new subdivisions meet affordability criteria.
(Question No 704)
Ms Lawder asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 5 April 2016:
(1) When did personnel attached to the Review into the System Level Responses to Family Violence in the ACT begin work.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .