Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 5 Hansard (5 May) . .
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The work proposed comprises the detailed design and modelling of the next landfill cell (known as Cell 1) which was approved under the original Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the whole of Stage 5. The Development Application (DA) also covers a new Leachate Pond at the Mugga Lane Resource Management Centre that will be compliant with the EPA Victoria's Best Practice Environmental Management (BPEM) Guidelines.
(2) The construction of Cell 1 is anticipated to commence by the end of April 2016.
(3) The construction works associated with Cell 1 are anticipated to be completed by June 2017. The EIS is valid for up to 30 years and a separate DA will be submitted for each of the subsequent landfill cells.
(4) The application was publically notified in accordance with the Planning and Development Act 2007 between 26 November 2015 and 16 December 2015. The public was notified of the consultation via on site signage, letters which were sent to adjacent lessees and a notice placed in the Canberra Times on 25 November 2015.
(5) One representation was received from an adjacent landholder raising concerns about litter and odour. However, following consultation with ACT NoWaste, including clarification of how litter and odour would be managed, the representor withdrew the representation.
(6) The Development Application is available on the public register. Copies of all plans and supporting documents relating to the DA can be requested from Customer Services, Access Canberra.
(7) This Development Application was notified and displayed in the regular manner. Development Applications are made available on the Environment and Planning Directorate website during notification.
The Development Application is available on the public register. Copies of all plans and supporting documents relating to the DA can be requested from Customer Services, Access Canberra.
Land Development Agency—properties
(Question No 673)
Mr Coe asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 18 February 2016 (redirected to the Minister for Urban Renewal):
(1) For each property acquired by the LDA since 1 January 2015, what is the (a) block and section, (b) date of settlement and (c) amount paid.
(2) Was advice received, for each of the properties in part (1), from the (a) Minister for Economic Development, (b) Chief Minister and (c) Treasurer.
(3) Did the LDA provide a business case to ACT Treasury for each of the properties in part (1).
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .