Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 4 Hansard (7 April) . .
VMOs by financial year
2012 - 2013
2013 - 2014
2014 - 2015
These costs include administrative costs incurred in accordance with VMO contracts, such as travel and accommodation for interstate based VMOs.
Canberra Olympic pool—water losses
(Question No 670)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 11 February 2016:
(1) In what year was the Canberra Olympic Pool first opened.
(2) When was the Canberra Olympic Pool first filled.
(3) When were leaks at the pool first identified.
(4) How much water has been lost over the life of the pool.
(5) What effort have been made to identify structural damage caused by the leaks.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Construction of the Canberra Olympic Pool was completed in late 1955 and the facility was 'officially' opened on 28 January 1956.
(2) Historical records indicate that the Canberra Olympic Pool[s] was first filled in November/December 1955.
(3) Records show the Canberra Olympic Pool has leaked periodically and to varying levels since 22 December 1955.
(4) The Territory does not have records of how much water has been lost at Canberra Olympic Pool since it was first filled in 1955.
(5) Numerous efforts have been made to identify structural damage at the Canberra Olympic Pool over the past four years including:
• August-October 2012 - Investigation of expansion joints in dive pool, which included the removal of the stainless steel cover plates over the expansion joints and repairs to the hypalon flexible joint bandage.
• July 2013 - Concrete coring of the 50m pool and dive pool shells whilst the facility was closed for repainting of the 50m pool. The report provided by the contractor concluded that the 50m pool and dive pool shells were in 'excellent' and 'very good' condition respectively.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .