Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 3 Hansard (10 March) . .
(1) For the 2015-16 Budget, what is the total amount provided for the National Multicultural Festival and of that total, how much is provided in terms of (a) ACT Public Service salaries and allowances including employee overheads such as superannuation and leave, (b) ACT Public Service FTE, (c) suppliers and administrative expenses, (d) grants or payments to multicultural bodies to facilitate or enable their participation in the National Multicultural Festival and (e) capital expenditure.
(2) What amounts have been expended up to 29 February 2016.
(3) What amounts are provided in the Forward Estimates for the National Multicultural Festival in terms of the categories in part (1).
(4) What financial and non-financial contributions were, or are to be made by private sector entities and ACT Government Public Trading Enterprises for 2015-16 and what are, or were, those amounts.
(5) What financial and non-financial contributions were, or are to be made by Federal or other State Governments and what are, or were, those amounts.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The total cash amount provided in the 2015-16 Budget for the National Multicultural Festival is $0.475m in addition to cash raised from the stall holders and sponsors to meet the cost of the event.
(a) The Community Participation Group in the Community Services Directorate is responsible for administering the Festival. Costs associated with staff are over and above the cash revenue received for the Festival. It is difficult to determine staff costs as much of the work performed by staff on the Festival throughout the year is in the course of their normal duties in the Community Participation Group.
(b) It is not possible to capture the total time spent by staff across the ACT Public Service working on the various aspects of the National Multicultural Festival.
(c) The total amount of the government cash contribution is expended on supplies and services for the National Multicultural Festival.
(d) Under the 2015-16 Participation (Multicultural) Grants Program, 70 multicultural groups were allocated $0.105m (from a total of $0.260m) to assist their participation in the 2016 National Multicultural Festival. A further $0.014m was made available to multicultural groups to assist with various aspects of the event.
(e) There was no capital expenditure for the 2016 National Multicultural Festival.
(2) Amount expended YTD Jan 2016 $0.235m (Feb YTD not yet available)
(3) A total of $0.475m is currently provided in the forward estimates.
(4) The private sector contributed $0.165m (GST inc.) to the 2016 National Multicultural Festival while an additional $0.011m (GST inc.) was contributed by an ACT Government Public Trading Enterprise (Icon Water).
(5) There were no contributions made by the Federal or other governments towards the 2016 National Multicultural Festival.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .