Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 3 Hansard (10 March) . .
The ACT Government funds the following initiatives to counter increasing rates of elder abuse in aged care facilities in the ACT:
• Elder Abuse Prevention Working Group, which provides strategic advice on issues relating to elder abuse and promotes awareness, prevention and response to elder abuse in the ACT through advocacy, education and collaboration;
• Elder Abuse Prevention information and resources, available on the Community Services Directorate website www.communityservices.act.gov.au/wac/ageing/elder_abuse_prevention__and__assistance;
• Promotion and distribution of the ACT Government's Respecting our Elders brochure available on the Community Services Directorate website
• the Abuse Prevention Referral Information Line (known as APRIL).
(3) The Australian Aged Care Quality Agency has responsibility for managing the accreditation and ongoing supervision of Commonwealth funded aged care homes. For more information visit www.aacqa.gov.au.
(4) A key priority of the Active Ageing Framework is to explore the extent of the impact of elder abuse within our community. In collaboration with our community partners including the ACT Ministerial Advisory Council on Ageing and member organisations of the Elder Abuse Prevention Working Group, the ACT Government is developing strategies and awareness programs that will serve to prevent and reduce the prevalence of elder abuse and other forms of abuse in our community. These initiatives and strategies include:
• the promotion of World Elder Abuse Day (15 June);
• the Abuse Prevention Referral Information Line (known as APRIL); and
• active participation by stakeholders and other community groups in policy forums including the Challenging Elder Abuse Community Forum which was held on 17 June 2015.
Multiculturalism—National Multicultural Festival
(Question No 679)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Multicultural and Youth Affairs, upon notice, on 18 February 2016:
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .