Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 3 Hansard (10 March) . .
(Question No 664)
Mr Coe asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 11 February 2016:
(1) What has been the revenue gained by increasing paid parking from 5:30pm to 10pm on all affected car parks, up to and including Monday, 8 February 2016.
(2) What is the predicted revenue gained from increasing paid parking from 5:30pm to 10pm on the areas listed in part (1) in the (a) 2015-2016, (b) 2016 2017, (c) 2017-2018 and (d) 2018-2019 budgets.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The increase in paid parking revenue for the carparks in London Circuit, Civic Pool, Acton Peninsula and the Canberra Institute of Technology to January 2016, compared to the corresponding period 12 months previous, is $351,437.
(2) The predicted revenue from the introduction of paid parking after hours and on weekends was shown in the 2015-16 Budget (Budget Paper No. 3, page 137).
(Question No 667)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 11 February 2016:
(1) Is he able to say whether certain provisions of the Prohibited Weapons Act 1966 and the Firearms Act 1996 relating to telescopic and folding stocks are now inconsistent with Commonwealth Law as a result of amendments to the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 made in October 2013 and December 2015; if so, (a) does this inconsistency render section 28 of the Australian Capital Territory (Self Government) Act 1988 invalid and (b) does the Minister intend to amend these provisions to ensure that ACT law is consistent with Commonwealth law; if so, when; if not, why not.
(2) Do these provisions prevent ACT Firearms Dealers from stocking those telescopic and folding stocks for sale in all other jurisdictions and is he able to say whether this restriction of interstate trade breaches section 92 of the Australian Constitution.
(3) Have these legislative inconsistencies in the ACT placed ACT-based suppliers at a disadvantage when competing with interstate businesses.
(4) Is the Government aware that the Northern Territory has amended their firearms legislation to ensure consistency with Commonwealth law and the National Firearms Agreement.
(5) Does the ACT Deputy Registrar of Firearms have delegation to issue permits under the Prohibited Weapons Act 1996 and how many permits has the Deputy Registrar of Firearms issued in this financial year to date.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .