Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 2 Hansard (18 February) . .
(2) (a) Ward 2N at Calvary Hospital is an acute inpatient facility, and therefore has no designated sub-acute beds.
(b) Ward 2N at Calvary Hospital has a total of 19 available inpatient beds, with an annual operating budget of $2.19 million.
(Question No 622)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 19 November 2015:
(1) What is the total budget for the group of scholarships in Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services Postgraduate Scholarship Mental Health Nursing.
(2) How much is awarded to each recipient.
(3) What exact courses are approved for this scholarship program.
(4) How many people have (a) applied for and (b) been awarded this scholarship program each year for the last 5 years.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The 2015-2016 financial year budget allocation for postgraduate nursing scholarships in Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services is $349,000.
(2) Scholarship recipients are awarded 100 per cent of their academic tuition fees.
(3) There are a number of approved postgraduate courses relevant to the scopes of practice of the nurses who are working in Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services sector that currently include:
• Graduate Certificate in Forensic Mental Health, Griffith University
• Graduate Diploma of Nursing (Specialisation), University of Tasmania
• Graduate Diploma in Psychology, Charles Sturt University
• Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing, University of Canberra
• Master of Mental Health Nursing, University of Wollongong
• Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner), University of Sydney
• Master of Health Management, University of New South Wales
• Master of Health Management (Forensic Mental Health), University of New South Wales
• Master of Public Administration, University of Canberra.
In addition, a small number of enrolled nurses are upgrading their formal qualifications to complete an undergraduate degree in nursing, including:
• Bachelor of Nursing, Australian Catholic University
• Bachelor of Nursing (Mental Health), Australian Catholic University
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .