Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 2 Hansard (18 February) . .
(1) As at 12 November 2015 the cost of promoting Capital Metro on social media is as follows:
a) $572.53; and
(2) Nil, as at 12 November 2015.
(3) The Capital Metro Agency has allocated budget of $2,100 until the end of the 2015-16 financial year, however the actual spend is likely to be around $700.
Sport—Belconnen aquatic centre
(Question No 600)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 19 November 2015:
(1) Since the closure of the private sector-owned and operated public swimming pool at Kippax, what representations has the Government received, and from whom, about the future provision of a public aquatic centre in West Belconnen.
(2) What consideration has the government given to those representations.
(3) Has the Government begun any process to assess the feasibility of construction of an aquatic centre in West Belconnen.
(4) If so, what is the status of that process, including but not limited to, (a) what assessment has been made of the estimated cost of a construction project and (b) what locations are under consideration.
(5) If not, does the Government plan to begin such a process; if so, when.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government has received very few representations regarding the provision of a public aquatic centre in West Belconnen. Representations that have been received include:
• Mrs Vicki Dunne, MLA;
• A private citizen.
(2) The provision of aquatic facilities continues to be at the forefront of ACT Government planning. To guide the provision of aquatic facilities, Sport and Recreation Services within the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate developed the ACT Government Aquatic Facilities Planning Framework 2013-2033 (the Framework).
The Framework identified that there are currently four aquatic facilities in the Belconnen area (Canberra International Sports and Aquatic Centre in Belconnen, Big Splash in Macquarie, Australian Institute of Sport in Bruce and King Swim in Macgregor). Canberra International Sports and Aquatic Centre and the Australian
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .