Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 2 Hansard (18 February) . .
(Question No 556)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 19 November 2015:
(1) What is the average cost of a single procedure on one day, including staff, consumables, administration and overheads of (a) emergency department treatment, (b) elective surgery procedure, (c) dialysis outpatient procedure, (d) radiotherapy outpatient treatment, (e) breast screen outpatient screen, (f) cervical cancer outpatient screen, (g) ACAT assessment, (h) subacute outpatient treatment, (i) obesity outpatient clinic treatment, (j) outpatient dental treatment, (k) single Walk-in Centre treatment and (l) episode of health care at AMC.
(2) What are the average costs, including staff, consumables, administration and overheads on a specified date for a (a) caesarean birth and (b) natural birth.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) ACT Health costs in accordance with the Australian Hospital Patient Costing Standards Version 3.1. This indicates that costing is completed on a full episode basis and as such, it would be inaccurate to recognise these costs on a day by day or by procedure basis.
The average ACT cost as per the National Hospital Cost Data Collection Round 18 for the 2013-14 financial year for direct and indirect costs were as follows:
(a) Emergency Department episode was $864; and
(b) Elective surgery inpatient episode was $9,319.
In response to points (c) to (l) of question 1, the average cost to ACT Health for providing a single outpatient occasion of service based on the National Hospital Cost Data Collection Round 18 for the 2013-14 financial year was $293.
(2) The average ACT Health cost per the National Hospital Cost Data Collection Round 18 for the 2013 14 financial year for direct and indirect costs for a:
(a) caesarian birth assuming no complications was $11,425; and
(b) vaginal birth assuming no complications was $4,169.
ACT Health Directorate—staff
(Question No 557)
(1) What are the full annual costs (including salary, superannuation) of employing in the ACT Health Directorate (a) Enrolled Nurse (all grades), (b) Registered nurse (all grades), (c) Discharge Liaison nurse (all grades), (d) Community care nurse (all grades), (e) Nurse Practitioner (all grades), (f) Palliative care nurse (all grades), (g) Mental health nurse (all grades), (h) CNC nurse/Unit Managers (all grades), (i) Executive Director (all grades), (j) Midwife (all grades), (k) Dentists (all grades), (l)
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .