Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 2 Hansard (18 February) . .
(4) Please refer to answer provided to question two.
(5) There are no impacts to cross boarder funding arrangements between the ACT and NSW. Funding is determined through activity, not through peer groupings.
ACT Health Directorate—staff
(Question No 552)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 19 November 2015:
In the ACT Health Directorate what are the (a) average costs of employing a new permanent employee, including administration and staff costs in Health and Chief Ministers Directorates, (b) annual costs of bed management including administration and staff costs and (c) average cost of producing (researching, writing, editing printing) the Health Annual report including administration and staff costs in Health and Chief Ministers Directorates.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(a) The average cost to Shared Services Human Resource Services for employing a new permanent employee to ACT Health is:
• $136 per staff member for appointments, advertising and direct uploads.
• $815 per staff member for security access, ICT coordination and access to relevant systems, creation of records on relevant systems, ATO and Superannuation governance and compliance requirements.
(b) It is not clear from the question what the term "bed management" is referring to. There is no national or local ACT Health definition of "bed management" costs. Further information in relation to the scope of what is referred to as "bed management" would be required before an answer could be provided.
(c) Staff costs for researching and writing the Annual Report cannot be provided as they are not easily obtainable. The cost of producing the report was $34,376. The Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD) have no involvement in preparing the ACT Health Annual Report, therefore, no administration and staff costs were incurred by CMTEDD in relation to the preparation of the ACT Health Annual Report.
ACT Health—bed categories and operating costs
(Question No 553)
(1) What are the annual operating costs of one (a) palliative care bed, (b) operating theatre room/bed/space, (c) subacute bed, (d) acute bed, (e) intensive care bed, (f) emergency department bed, (g) hospital in the home bed and (h) Medihotel bed.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .