Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 1 Hansard (11 February) . .
g) In the latest representation of 2009, the Government conditionally supported the development proposal after considering the Territory Plan's development controls and leasing issues. The Government advised the proponent to prepare a detail proposal demonstrating compliance with the Territory Plan and to discuss direct sale option. The proponent did not respond or engage further.
Planning—draft variation 351
(Question No 599)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 19 November 2015:
(1) What representations did you or the planning agency receive, and from whom, requesting or suggesting that you refer to the Standing Committee on Planning, Environment and Territory and Municipal Services for inquiry, Draft Variation 351 to the Territory Plan.
(2) Why did you not refer it to the Standing Committee on Planning, Environment and Territory and Municipal Services for inquiry before approving DV351.
(3) What advice did you seek and receive or what advice was offered to you, and from whom, on whether to refer DV351 to the Standing Committee on Planning, Environment and Territory and Municipal Services.
(4) Were the reasons for your decision not to refer recorded; if so, will you attach a copy of your reasons to your answer to this question; if not, why not.
(5) What feedback have you received, and from whom, on your decision not to refer.
(6) Will you make a statement in the Assembly giving your reasons not to refer; if so, when will you make the statement; if not, why not.
(7) How much money has the Government contributed to the proponent development joint venture (a) directly and (b) indirectly.
(8) What is the value of in-kind support the Government has provided to the proponent development joint venture (a) directly and (b) indirectly.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There was no representation received by the planning and land authority requesting or suggesting referral to the Standing Committee on Planning, Environment and Territory and Municipal Services (the Standing Committee). However, my office received three representations while the planning and land authority was finalising the report on consultation for V351. One was from Madam Speaker Mrs Dunne yourself and the other was from Ginninderra Falls Association suggested to me to refer V351 to the Standing Committee. In the contrast, the third representation was from the Conservation Council (ACT Region) suggesting to not refer V351 to the Standing Committee.
(2) There was extensive public consultation on V351. The general public in the ACT was consulted on V351 for a period of six weeks between 22 May and 6 July 2015. The
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .