Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 1 Hansard (11 February) . .
(1) What is the cost to the Government to train an Emergency Services volunteer.
(2) What are the standard uniform and equipment costs and what are the additional associated costs for each volunteer.
(3) How much funding is currently allocated in the budget for Emergency Service volunteer training for the years 2015-2016 to 2018-2019.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The cost of training emergency services volunteers is an approximation of a number of factors. Costs will vary between services as all volunteers will receive different levels of training dependent on their role and expertise. Costs may also vary as volunteer organisations may train their own volunteers, thereby resulting in reduced costs.
The emergency services volunteers identified include the Community Fire Units (CFUs), Rural Fire Service (ACT RFS), ACT State Emergency Service (ACT SES) and Mapping and Planning Support (MAPS).
The average cost to induct and train an emergency services volunteer to respond to a standard emergency response is detailed below:
a. CFU Volunteer - $182
b. ACT RFS Volunteers - $294.79
c. ACT SES Volunteers - $302.13
d. MAPS Volunteers - $45
(2) The average cost for standard uniform and equipment costs, per volunteer, per annum are:
a. CFU Volunteer - $554.62
b. ACT RFS Volunteer - $882.94
c. ACT SES Volunteer (Two piece) - $885.36
d. ACT SES Volunteer (Overalls) - $838.36
e. MAPS Volunteer - $52
(3) The ESA does not have a discrete line item budget for volunteer training. The Chief Officers of the respective Service determine the requirement for training and the resources involved.
(Question No 558)
Mr Hanson asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 19 November 2015:
For the Justice of the Peace Association what (a) is the salary cost of a Magistrate, (b) support staff does a Magistrate have, (c) is the cost of each of those support staff and (d) are the on costs (utilities, comms, etc.) for a Magistrates Chamber.
(a) From 1 November 2015 remuneration for a magistrate is $335,692 pa (see ACT Remuneration Determination 9 of 2015) plus superannuation and other entitlements such as a motor vehicle.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .