Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 13 Hansard (19 November) . .
(Question No 519)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 28 October 2015:
(1) What is the current staffing level of general duties police officers (frontline officers) at the Gungahlin Police station.
(2) What is the current staffing level of Sergeants (supervisors) at the Gungahlin Police station.
(3) What are the ACT Policing staffing profile (sworn officers, support staff, investigative, etc) for Gungahlin Police station.
(4) Do Friday and Saturday nights have an increased presence of police officers in Gungahlin; if so, what is the total number of police officers assigned to general duties (frontline officers) on Friday and Saturday in Gungahlin.
(5) How many sworn police officers and support staff were assigned and on duty at the Gungahlin Police station from (a) 1 January to 31 July 2015, (b) 1 January to 31 December 2014, (c) 1 January to 31 December 2013 and (d) 1 January to 31 December 2012.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) For the 2015-16 financial year, ACT Policing has a budgeted full-time equivalent (FTE) of 37 sworn policing positions at Gungahlin Police Station.
(2) For the 2015-16 financial year, ACT Policing has a budgeted FTE of six (6) Sergeants and one (1) Station Sergeant.
(3) For the 2015-16 financial year, ACT Policing has a budgeted FTE of 37 sworn policing positions and one (1) administrative officer at Gungahlin Station.
(4) The ACT Policing roster pattern increases resourcing on Friday and Saturday nights. Gungahlin Police Station has two (2) shifts covering Friday and Saturday nights:
• 1600-0200hrs; and
Each patrol team comprises of one (1) Sergeant and four (4) Constables.
Due to the overlapping nature of the roster, between 2100-0200hrs on Friday and Saturday nights Gungahlin Police Station can have two (2) Sergeants and eight (8) Constables on duty during that period.
(5) The FTE for Gungahlin Station for
(a) 1 January to 31 July 2015 was 37 sworn police plus one (1) administrative officer.
(b) 1 January to 31 December 2014 was 37 sworn police plus one (1) administrative officer.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .