Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 13 Hansard (19 November) . .
(4) Is the Children's Education and Care Assurance conducting its own investigation into allegations of physical abuse of children at Northside Community Services' Civic Early Childhood Centre; if so, (a) when will this investigation be completed and (b) will the final report be made publicly available and where.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Northside Community Services first notified the Children's Education and Care Assurance of allegations of physical abuse at Civic Early Childhood Centre on 24 April 2015.
(2) The most recent announced visit to Civic Early Childhood Centre was on 2 October 2015.
(3) Children's Education and Care Assurance officers have attended Civic Early Childhood Centre service premises and/or the provider's business premises on a total of 16 occasions since January 2013.
a) Two unannounced and one announced visits were conducted between January 2013 and January 2014.
b) Three announced visits were conducted between January 2014 and January 2015.
c) Two unannounced and eight announced visits were conducted from January 2015 to the present.
a) The completion date is not known. The duration of investigations varies depending on their complexity.
b) If non-compliance with the Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations is identified, the Children's Education and Care Assurance may take enforcement action. Details of enforcement action taken would be published on the Education and Training Directorate's website, subject to privacy restrictions under the National Law.
Childcare—Conder Early Learning Centre
(Question No 513)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 27 October 2015:
Is the Children's Education and Care Assurance conducting a further investigation into the Conder Early Learning Centre; if so, (a) when will this investigation be completed and (b) will the final report be made publicly available and where.
(1) The Children's Education and Care Assurance conducted a further investigation at Conder Early Learning Centre.
a) Yes. The investigation was completed on 1 October 2015.
b) Details of a compliance notice issued following this investigation are published on the Education and Training Directorate's website.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .