Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 12 Hansard (29 October) . .
They are just some reflections. I am not sure if the government wants to take those on board or not. Perhaps it is worth, if the government felt so minded, adjourning the debate and possibly bringing it back on in November after reflection.
Question resolved in the affirmative.
Annual and financial reports 2014-2015
Reference to standing committees
MS BURCH (Brindabella—Minister for Education and Training, Minister for Police and Emergency Services, Minister for Disability, Minister for Racing and Gaming and Minister for the Arts) (11.56): I move:
(1) the annual and financial reports for the calendar year 2015 and the financial year 2014-2015 presented to the Assembly pursuant to the Annual Reports (Government Agencies) Act 2004 stand referred to the standing committees, on presentation, in accordance with the schedule below;
(2) the annual report of ACT Policing stands referred to the Standing Committee on Justice and Community Safety;
(3) notwithstanding standing order 229, only one standing committee may meet for the consideration of the inquiry into the calendar year 2015 and financial year 2014-2015 annual and financial reports at any given time;
(4) standing committees are to report to the Assembly on financial year reports by the last sitting day in March 2016 and on calendar year reports by the last sitting day in November 2016;
(5) if the Assembly is not sitting when a standing committee has completed its inquiry, a committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation; and
(6) the foregoing provisions of this resolution have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .