Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 10 Hansard (17 September) . .
(3) What types of expenses are provided for in these figures.
(4) What is the coverage of each, for example funding for project management teams/offices, project development, operating expenses for the infrastructure and equipments procured from these figures.
(5) How does the capital figure of $487.481 million in table 3.3.1 reconcile with (or relate to) the budget funded amount in table 5.1.1 - $514.180 million or the $458.626 million further above in the same table.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The $82.526 million in Table 3.1.1, BP3, page 61 comprises of the sum of both $64.473 million for associated expenses (new capital works) and expenditure associated with Feasibility Studies and Grants valued at $18.053 million listed in Table 3.3.1, BP3, page 103. The purpose of Table 3.1.1 and Table 3.3.1 is to provide a high level overview of the expenses associated with new infrastructure initiatives.
(2) These allocations represent the associated expenses for new capital initiatives listed in the 2015-16 Budget, including feasibility studies and grants but excluding the health funding envelope as described on page 61 in BP3.
(3) The figures contain all associated operating expenditure associated with the capital initiatives (including feasibility studies and grants) but excluding depreciation which is listed separately. It also excludes the health funding envelope as described on page 61 in BP3. Examples of these expenses include items such as staffing, utilities, leasing costs, maintenance, levies, financing and other overhead costs.
(4) There were 64 new infrastructure and capital initiatives listed in Table 3.3.2, BP3, page 104. Most project management and procurement costs associated with the project are capitalised and therefore are not disclosed as expense capitals. See the response to question (3) for the types of expenditure included in capital project funding.
(5) The $487.481 million in Table 3.3.1, BP3, page 103 comprises of new infrastructure and capital initiatives, including Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Property Plant and Equipment (PPE).
The $458.626 million in Table 5.1.1, BP3, page 165 only contains new capital initiatives specific to the Capital Works Program and excludes ICT, PPE and the 2015-16 Capital Upgrade Program.
The $514.180 million represents all new capital funding in the Capital Works Program and is the sum of funding for new capital initiatives ($458.626 million) and the 2015-16 Capital Upgrade Program ($55.554 million).
(Question No 489)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 12 August 2015:
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .