Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 10 Hansard (17 September) . .
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The construction is approaching the final stages of bulk earthworks. The ground drainage and relocation of major services has been completed. The building foundations and early structures will commence in early September 2015.
(2) Overflow parking for the Jamison Centre was not included in the plans for the site. The plan provides for a public car park adjacent to the playing fields, at the south east end of the site.
(3) Refer to question 2 answer.
(4) The planned completion date of the project was 31 March 2016. The budget for the overall project was $18.864 million.
(5) The overall project is one month behind schedule. The scale and complexity of the services relocation was greater than expected (involving Telstra and other providers). Completing the services relocation took longer than anticipated, resulting in the delay. The new completion date is 30 April 2016.
(6) The overall project is running to budget.
(7) Asbestos piping was uncovered during earthworks. This necessitated the development of an asbestos removal plan including exclusion zones.
The public car park adjacent to the playing fields was originally planned to be constructed in the early stages of the project. However, it would have resulted in shared access with heavy vehicles for the duration of the construction. Following discussions with the Territory and Municipal Services Directorate, Procurement and Capital Works from the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate and the builder, the decision was taken to delay the opening of the public car park as the shared access posed unacceptable safety risks to the public.
In the meantime, car parking for playing fields users is available at Banaga Place.
(8) Yes. The worker required full hazmat due to the discovery of asbestos piping.
(9) The existing facilities in Belconnen will be de-commissioned once the new station becomes operational. The future plans for those sites are a matter for a future Government decision.
(Question No 488)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 12 August 2015:
(1) In relation to the summary of expense initiatives in Budget Paper 3 what is the purpose for each allocation of (a) $82.526 million in table 3.1.1, and table 3.2.1 and (b) $64.473 million in table 3.3.1 for associated expenses on new capital works.
(2) Are these for capital projects to be approved in the 2015-16 budget or the expense component of capital allocations associated with expense initiatives.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .