Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 8 Hansard (6 August) . .
The SIEMENS biopsy (Mammotome) table and equipment was purchased in 2008 at a cost of $55,927.
(6) The Phillips Microdose L30 digital mammography x-ray machines and associated hardware are five years old. The life expectancy of the equipment is 10 years.
One of the two Phillips iU22 Ultrasound machines is five years old, and the other is less than a year old. The life expectancy of an ultrasound machine is 10 years.
The SIEMENS biopsy (Mammotome) table and equipment is seven years old. The life expectancy is 10 years.
(7) A new breast screening Digital Breast Tomosynthesis capable mammography machine will be purchased when services expand to the Belconnen Community Health Centre in the second half of 2015. This new machine is able to be utilised for screening, assessment and biopsy and will supersede the SIEMENS biopsy (Mammotome) table and equipment that is seven years old.
(8) The cost of a new mammography machine, Philips L50, used for mammography screening is $125,000. The total for three machines is $375,000.
The cost of a Digital Breast Tomosynthesis capable machine used for screening, assessment and biopsy is $469,000.
The cost of an ultrasound machine is $84,100. The total cost for two machines is $168,200.
ACT Health—community care nurses
(Question No 435)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 June 2015:
(1) How many community care nurses does ACT Health employ.
(2) Where are these ACT Health community care nurses located.
(3) What type of services do ACT Health community care nurses offer and where are patients treated.
(4) How many patients were treated by ACT Health community care nurses during the (a) 2010, (b) 2011, (c) 2012, (d) 2013 and (e) 2014 calendar years and where were they treated.
(5) What is the cost of a ACT Health community nurse.
(6) What is the cost of providing community care by ACT Health per annum.
(7) What was the cost of providing ACT Health community care (excluding external providers) during the (a) 2010, (b) 2011, (c) 2012, (d) 2013 and (e) 2014 calendar years.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .