Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 8 Hansard (6 August) . .
(2) With regard to staffing levels, the OMS is currently fully staffed as follows:
• Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Health Professional level 4 (OMS Coordinator).
• 2.0 FTE Registered Nurses.
• 2.0 FTE Health Professionals level 3 (includes an Exercise Physiologist, Dietician and Psychologist).
• 0.5 FTE Administrative Officer level 3.
• 0.9 FTE Medical Staff Specialist.
(3) The qualifications of staff are considered private and confidential information.
(4) Currently twelve new patients are seen in the OMS per week, with forty eight patients seen per month.
(5) The OMS does have a waiting list and the wait for patients seen recently has been nine months on average. These patients are waiting for an initial appointment with an OMS medical specialist.
(6) All services provided by the OMS are provided by ACT Health. All referrals to the OMS are managed by ACT Health.
(7) Equipment used at the OMS includes:
• Electrocardiogram (ECG) machine
• Bariatric wheelchair scales and height measure
• Blood pressure machines with suitable cuffs for target group
• Bariatric chairs
• Bariatric treatment beds
• High capacity patient hoist
(8) The cost of providing obesity advice and treatment during the first six months of operation was $500,000, as per the ACT Government initiative to establish an OMS to improve the health of patients with severe obesity through coordinated intervention and prevention services.
(Question No 434)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 June 2015:
(1) How many public breast screens were done in the ACT during the (a) 2010, (b) 2011, (c) 2012, (d) 2013 and (e) 2014 calendar years.
(2) What was the cost of a public breast screen in the ACT during the (a) 2010, (b) 2011, (c) 2012, (d) 2013, and (e) 2014 calendar years.
(3) What was the cost of providing public breast screening in the ACT during the (a) 2010, (b) 2011, (c) 2012, (d) 2013, and (e) 2014 calendar years.
(4) What type of equipment is currently used to conduct public breast screening in the ACT.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .