Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 7 Hansard (4 June) . .
Commonwealth Collaborative Funding Program
Total Financial Cuts in Legal Aid Budget3
1. The amount of -$40k in 2014-15 represents continuation of the prior year efficiency dividend.
2. The efficiency dividends have been more than offset by additional funding the Commission has received from the ACT Government (for example additional funding for expensive criminal cases of $200,000 per year received in 2012-13 through to 2014-15).
3. The total amounts reflected in each financial year are the sum of financial reductions only; it does not capture any additional funding being provided under the NPA from Commonwealth Government and ACT Law Society, nor additional budget funding provided by the ACT Government.
(Question No 406)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Urban Renewal, upon notice, on 5 May 2015:
(1) How many blocks have been sold to community groups each financial year since 2001-2002.
(2) For the answer provided in part (1) what is the location of the blocks identified.
(3) How many blocks are currently available for sale exclusively to community groups.
(4) How many community groups have requested land for purchase each financial year since 2001-2002.
(5) What was the sale price for land sold to community groups each financial year since 2001-2002.
(6) Of the blocks identified in parts (1) and (4), how many have a concessional lease.
(7) Of the blocks identified in parts (1) and (4), how many are located in a CFZ area.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's questions 1, 2, 5 and 6 are available in the Tabling Statements tabled in the Assembly as well as on the Economic Development website http://www.economicdevelopment.act.gov.au/buy-land-and_build/land/direct_sales/recent_direct_sales.
(3) Community groups normally purchase land through the direct sales process by completing the direct sale application for community organisations. The application allows the organisation to provide a business case about why they want land, their financial capabilities and site preferences. The Direct Sales Team within the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate facilitates all direct sale applications and provides advice to prospective applicants. Applications are assessed against specific eligibility criteria prescribed under the Planning and Development Regulation 2008.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .