Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 6 Hansard (14 May) . .
Ms Burch: I am advised by ACT Policing that the answer to the member's question is as follows:
SUMMARY BY CALENDAR YEAR
COST OF FAILED PROSECUTIONS
*Accurate as of 9 April 2015
Canberra Institute of Technology—Auslan
(Question No 393)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 24 March 2015:
(1) What advertising, including when, where, what cost and what frequency, was undertaken by and on behalf of CIT for the (a) Certificate II, (b) Certificate III, and (c) CIT Solutions 2015 Auslan courses.
(2) How many expressions of interest did CIT receive for the Certificate II in 2015 and how were they processed/advised.
(3) Is CIT planning to offer a Certificate III in 2016; if so, (a) from where will students come, given there are no Certificate II students this year.
(4) If the course is ending its certification and this is an issue for CIT, is the Minister able to say how other TAFEs manage this issue.
(5) What steps has CIT taken to ensure certification is continued for Auslan courses.
(6) What is the usual process for courses that require renewal of their certification and is it usual practice for such courses to continue being taught while the necessary steps are taken to re-establish the certification; if so, which courses/how many/how often does this happen.
(7) Does CIT get funded for a certain number of hours of Auslan classes; if so, (a) how many hours/amounts involved, (b) how many students does the funding cover, (c) who provides the funding and (d) what happens to the funding if the courses don't proceed.
(8) Will the Minister provide the full breakdown of expenses relating to how much CIT has spent on Auslan classes each year for the past 10 years on delivering the (a) Certificate II course, (b) Certificate III course and (c) CIT Solutions community Auslan course.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .