Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 5 Hansard (7 May) . .
(1) When was the overhead road safety and advisory sign, located on the Tuggeranong Parkway between Chifley and Waramanga, last used to provide a message for travellers on the Parkway.
(2) For how long has this sign not been in operation.
(3) Has this sign been taken out of use due to vandalism.
(4) When will these repairs be made.
(5) What will the cost of repairs be.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The sign was last used on 4 June 2014.
(2) The sign has not been in operation since that date.
(3) The sign became inoperable due to contractual issues and vandalism which damaged the electronics.
(4) Roads ACT has engaged a contractor from Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) NSW to investigate the possible faults with the sign. RMS is currently working to make the sign fully operational. It is expected that all works will be completed by end of June 2015.
(5) The exact cost of bringing the sign back on line will depend on the physical work required on site as well as hardware upgrades and is as yet not known.
(Question No 397)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 25 March 2015 (redirected to the Minister for Economic Development):
(1) When was the men's toilet located behind Cattle Pavilion G adjacent to the ActewAGL Stage at EPIC closed as it was out of order.
(2) Why was this toilet not repaired in time for the 2015 Royal Canberra Show.
(3) Has the toilet been repaired; if so, when; if not, why not.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) On Friday 27 February 2015 at approximately 8:30am an issue with the men's toilets at the T4 toilet block (behind the Royal Canberra Show's Cattle Pavilion) was reported and subsequently closed. Plumbers attended the scene and rectified the issue the same day. Three other male toilets were available in the vicinity - these being located approximately 100 metres, 250 metres and 300 metres away respectively.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .