Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 5 Hansard (7 May) . .
(4) In reference to the email from Mr Mark Dykgraaf of 11 September 2014, both the Medical Short Stay Unit and the Chest Pain Evaluation Unit are included in ACT Health's definition of available beds.
Canberra Hospital—Cancer Centre support services
(Question No 381)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 17 March 2015:
(1) What support services (eg secretarial, typing, and financial) are provided to doctors and staff at the new Cancer Centre at the Canberra Hospital.
(2) Are any contracts in place to outsource any administrative functions within the Cancer Centre; if so, what are the names of the companies contracted to provide outsourced functions.
(3) What restrictions are placed on these companies in terms of where outsourced work is conducted.
(4) Is any outsourced work conducted outside the ACT; if so, where is this work conducted.
(5) Is any administrative or secretarial work in any part of ACT Health outsourced to companies which conduct the work (a) outside ACT and (b) outside Australia.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Canberra Region Cancer Centre (CRCC) has an Administration Team of 32 Full Time Equivalent. The team provides a range of services to medical and other staff including, but not limited to, Personal Assistant support; completion of patient letters (Medical Transcription); booking and scheduling of new and follow up appointments; billing and clinic management; file and patient records management; and reception customer service.
(2) CRCC is able to access the services of Ozescribe and Pacific Solutions to provide supplementary medical transcription services during periods of peak demand.
(3) ACT Health is not aware of any restrictions placed on these companies in terms of where outsourced work is conducted.
(4) Yes. Both Ozescribe and Pacific Solutions operate outside the ACT however are Australian Companies.
(5) (a) See (4) above.
International affairs—Fiji health funding programs
(Question No 383)
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .