Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 5 Hansard (7 May) . .
Rehabilitation, Aged & Community Care
Surgery, Oral Health & Medical Imaging
Women, Youth & Children
People, Strategy and Services Branch
Note: As community health services are integrated into Divisions this data includes some staff physically located outside Canberra Hospital, and staff located in Canberra Hospital who provide community health services off site. Some nursing staff in other divisions may also perform duties at Canberra Hospital.
(3) The expectation in the 2014-15 Budget was that there would be 77.5 FTE available for new nursing positions created.
(4) The classification of each new position was not specified in the budget. However, as at 25 February 2015 pay period, 58 new nursing positions have been established. The classification of these 58 positions is as follows:
Number of Positions
Assistants in Nursing
Enrolled Nurse Level 1
Registered Nurse Level 1
Registered Nurse Level 2
Registered Nurse Level 3
Registered Nurse Level 4
(5) As at 25 February 2015, there are 46 nursing and/or midwifery vacancies across ACT Health Divisions. ACT Health has a generalist relief pool which is used to backfill short-term vacancies and most of these vacancies are being temporarily filled by relief pool staff pending permanent recruitment.
As at 25 February 2015, 183 nursing positions are currently occupied by staff in acting roles.
Canberra Hospital—name change
(Question No 376)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 17 March 2015:
(1) Has "The Canberra Hospital" changed its name to "Canberra Hospital" as is now displayed on new road signs around the hospital; if so, when did this change occur and what was the process.
(2) How many new outdoor signs have been erected or will be erected in the Canberra Hospital campus in 2014-2015.
(3) What has been the full cost of the procurement, design, manufacture and erection of these new outdoor signs.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .