Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 2 Hansard (19 February) . .
Alexander Maconochie Centre—upgrade
(Question No 365)
Mr Wall asked the Minister for Justice, upon notice, on 12 February 2015:
(1) How much in total has been expended on the Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC) upgrade to date.
(2) When is the expected completion date of the AMC upgrade.
(3) Has there been any variation to the scope of the AMC upgrade; if so, what are the details of any variation.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In relation to the AMC Additional Facilities project (including the AMC Additional Facilities Design project), $10,411,782.47 had been spent at 31 January 2015.
(2) As previously stated in public announcements in regard to this project, it is expected to be completed by mid-2016. The first new accommodation building, a 30 bed special care facility, will come on-line in the second half of this year.
(3) An additional sally port to facilitate construction traffic into the site has been constructed from within project funding. Ease of site access was identified as a risk in construction planning and contingency funding to manage such risks is included in the overall project funding. Once it was identified that a sally port would be necessary it was then approved for construction from the project contingency funding.
Questions without notice taken on notice
Mr Barr (in reply to a supplementary question by Mr Smyth on Thursday, 12 February 2015): The ACT Government does not generally receive 'preliminary Austrade requests for market information' as I think the question is trying to describe. All leads received by Invest Canberra from Austrade are vetted, by both Austrade and Invest Canberra, to ensure there is a genuine intent to invest and are responded to appropriate to their level of development. Accordingly, all leads received from Austrade by Invest Canberra are counted.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .