Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 11 Hansard (23 October) . .
Passenger Boardings - 5 May 2014 to 27 June 2014
7:45am - 7:59am
8:00am - 8:14am
8:15am - 8:29am
8:30am - 8:44am
8:45am - 8:59am
Alexander Maconochie Centre—Solaris program
(Question No 323)
Mr Wall asked the Minister for Corrective Services, upon notice, on 17 September 2014:
(1) How many prisoners currently at the Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC) have undertaken the Solaris program during (a) 2012, (b) 2013 and (c) 2014 to date.
(2) How many of the prisoners identified in part (1) completed the program.
(3) In what time frame was the program completed by those identified in parts (1) and (2).
(4) What is the total cost, per financial year, to implement the program.
(5) Is there a financial incentive for prisoners at the AMC to complete the Solaris program; if so, what is the value of this incentive.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) I understand the Member's question to mean how many detainees undertook the Solaris program, known as the Solaris Therapeutic Community (Solaris TC), in 2012, 2013 and 2014. As opposed to how many detainees currently at the AMC participated in Solaris TC in those years, as is phrased in the Member's question. The total number of Solaris TC participants in each year is as follows (all 2014 figures are correct as at 17 September 2014):
However, if the Member did, in fact, mean to enquire as to the number of current detainees that have participated in Solaris TC in those years, the answer to the members question is as follows:
23 of the 47 total participants remain in custody.
20 of the 33 total participants remain in custody.
16 of the 22 total participants (to date) remain in custody.
2) Of the total participants (1), the following number of detainees completed the program:
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .