Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 10 Hansard (25 September) . .
Where a visitor is found in possession of a non-prescription drug or other illegal substance, ACT Corrective Services contact ACT Policing who takes possession of the item.
If applicable, a person's visitor status may be reviewed and revoked by the
General Manager, Custodial Operations.
Bimberi Youth Justice Centre—drug tests
(Question No 322)
Mr Wall asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 14 August 2014:
(1) What is the total number of drug tests by (a) urinalysis and (b) blood test conducted at Bimberi Youth Justice Centre by month, between 1 December 2011 to 30 June 2014.
(2) What was the number of tests conducted (a) upon entry to Bimberi, (b) based on information "targeted tests", (c) as part of rehabilitation programs and (d) randomly, for those tests referred to in part (1).
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. Total number of drug tests
• One young person was sent for a urinalysis in 16 May 2013, requested by Youth Justice Case Management (YJCM);
• Six young people were sent for urinalysis in April 2014;
• One young person was sent for urinalysis in July 2014 at the request of the young person's solicitor;
• there has been no other urinalysis or blood tests conducted between December 2011 to 30 June 2014.
2. Of the eight urinalysis conducted;
• Two were "targeted tests". One was requested by the young person's solicitor and the other one requested by YJCM. Both were requested based on information disclosed in Court.
• The other six urinalysis young people were conducted on a random basis as a security measure for the safety and security of the Centre.
• All urinalysis screenings were conducted under Section 237 of the Children and Young People Act 2008.
Capital Metro Agency—advertising
(Question No 325)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Capital Metro, upon notice, on 18 September 2014:
(1) What was the total cost of producing the branded Capital Metro (a) white shopping bags and (b) brochure entitled Capital Metro is at the heart of the ACT Government's vision to create a truly sustainable city.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .