Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 9 Hansard (18 September) . .
providing toolkits housing further information for those in managerial positions about providing appropriate facilities and support for nursing mothers while they are at work.
Section E of the ACTPS Administrative and Related Classifications Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 (Administrative Enterprise Bargaining Agreement) outlines flexible working arrangements and employee support.
Provisions under section E13 (Nursing Mothers) of the Administrative Enterprise Bargaining Agreement outlines that:
• E13.1 Employees who are breastfeeding will be provided with the facilities and support necessary to enable such employees to combine a continuation of such breastfeeding with the employee's employment;
• E13.2 Where practicable the Directorate will establish and maintain a room for nursing mothers. Where there is no room available another appropriate space may be used; and
• E13.3 Up to one hour, per day/shift, paid lactation breaks that are non-cumulative will be available for nursing mothers.
The ACT Government remains enthusiastic about the initiatives behind the ACT Breastfeeding Strategic Framework 2010-2015, and where possible, will continue to promote breastfeeding friendly workplace accreditation across the government.
Mr Rattenbury (in reply to a supplementary question by Ms Berry on Tuesday, 5 August 2014): In response to your question the following projects were funded in the 2014-15 budget:
• Capital Works Erindale bus station upgrade - budget $0.9million.
• Stormwater Capital Upgrade - Feasibility study of stormwater drainage issues at Allchin Circuit, Kambah - budget $48,000.
Components of the 2014-15 Walking and Cycling Capital Works
• Construction Community path - intersection of laneway between McLarty Court/ Livingston Avenue Kambah - budget $43,000.
• Construction community path - Anketell Street Greenway - budget $82,000.
• Construction community path -Athllon Drive/Florence Taylor Street Greenway - budget $51,000.
• Design and construct community path -O'Halloran Circuit Kambah - budget $65,000.
• Feasibility atudy for community path - Jane Price Crescent Conder and Were Crescent Calwell - budget $50,000 packaged with other locations outside Tuggeranong.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .