Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 5 Hansard (15 May) . . Page.. 1628..
(6) 2011 - records not available
2012 - 1 between April and December 31
2013 - 8
(7) 2011 - 2 Public Vehicle Licence Holders
2012 - 0
2013 - 1
(8) 2011- 1 by mutual consent at mediation
2013 - 0
(Question No 267)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 10 April 2014:
(1) In relation to light rail, what is the benefit cost ration (BCR) for (a) Gungahlin to the city, (b) Belconnen to the City, (c) City to the Airport, (d) City to Woden and (d) Woden to Tuggeranong.
(2) What relevant assumptions were used to determine the BCR for the routes listed in (1) including (a) capital costs, (b) patronage projections and (c) land uplift.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) a) The Gungahlin to City Transit Corridor Project Update 3 (released September 2012) outlines two benefit- cost ratios (BCR) for Light Rail Transit (LRT) produced as part of a pre-feasibility economic assessment for the ACT Government's Infrastructure Australia Submission. Under a business as usual scenario the BCR for LRT was calculated to be 1.02 and under a higher population and employment in the corridor scenario the BCR was 2.34. The details of the two scenarios are contained within Project Update 3 which is available on the Capital Metro website at www.capitalmetro.act.gov.au.
The Capital Metro Agency is currently undertaking further detailed work to refine the BCR for Stage 1.
The BCR for light rail for the routes 1b) to 1e) will be considered as part of the Light Rail Master Plan (to be completed in the 2014-15 financial year).
(2) Gungahlin to the City - Information on the relevant assumptions which were used to determine the BCR for this route are contained within the Infrastructure Australia Project Submission (2012) which is available on the Capital Metro website at www.capitalmetro.act.gov.au.
(a) Capital costs are outlined within Section 5 and were prepared in accordance with the Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government - Best Practice Cost Estimation for Publically Funded Road and Rail Construction.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .