Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 4 Hansard (8 May) . . Page.. 1337..
Answers to questions
Health—medical compensation payments
(Question No 250)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 18 March 2014:
(1) How much has the Health Directorate paid to patients in medical compensation in each of the past 10 financial years.
(2) How many cases of medical compensation occurred in each of those years.
(3) What is the average value paid to each patient in each of those years.
(4) How much is attributed to The Canberra Hospital or to other management units in each of these years.
(5) For the current financial year, how much compensation has been paid or has been ordered to be paid.
(6) How many compensation cases have been lodged against the Directorate that are currently pending, in negotiation, or unresolved.
(7) What medical compensation insurance arrangements have been put in place by the Directorate.
(8) How much has this medical compensation insurance cost per annum for each of the past 10 financial years.
(9) What is the annual internal administrative cost to the Directorate to manage claims and payments.
(10) Does the Directorate engage outside legal, medical or administrative services to assist in resolving claims and payments.
(11) What is the annual cost for these external legal, medical or administrative services.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Financial Year payments made
Compensation paid for Medical Malpractice Claims
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .