Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 2 Hansard (20 March) . . Page.. 587..
being taken against the perpetrators? How can this report possibly have been the final report when there are so many cases still under investigation? Why are the managers who treated their complaints so lightly and who originally mismanaged the past complaints the same managers and delegates responsible for now implementing the recommendations of the Kefford report?
These questions are all on record, and all have been ignored by the education minister and the Chief Minister. There remains a core of very disaffected, very hurt and disillusioned former staff. I received an email the other day from one of those former staff:
We didn't realise it at the start but we were NEVER going to see the kind of justice we hoped for such as;
1. Get our jobs back
2. Get an apology from the bully or an admission from CIT that we had been bullied and that the bully has been disciplined
3. Be informed of what changes were taking place at CIT to protect current staff
4. Be informed of any progress at all
5. Have a right of reply when CIT denied our allegations
6. See a transparent report released that gave details not just assurances of change
7. Letters to the victims detailing the changes as proof that we did not waste our time
8. Even a meeting between CIT and the victims where CIT could present the evidence of what has changed would suffice to cover 6. and 7.
That seems little to ask, and that so many feel the process has failed them is an indictment of us all. We need to ensure we do more than just tick the boxes. I had great hopes for a better outcome and I, too, feel betrayed that the administration has failed them.
Question resolved in the affirmative.
Public Accounts—Standing Committee
MR SMYTH (Brindabella) (10.11): Pursuant to order I present the following report:
Public Accounts—Standing Committee—Report 4—Report on Annual and Financial Reports 2012-2013, dated 12 March 2014, together with a copy of the extracts of the relevant minutes of proceedings.
That the report be noted.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .