Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 1 Hansard (27 February) . . Page.. 377..
(4) The budget allocation for priority works will be subject to the tender evaluation process being completed. Consistent with the ACT Labor election commitment, a minimum of $4.5 million will be committed towards this project. The capital cost to redevelop Woden Park will also be subject to further site investigations
(e.g. geotechnical) being undertaken once a contractor has been appointed.
(Question No 195)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 27 November 2013:
(1) Which public schools in the ACT are currently fenced.
(2) How does the Government determine which public schools require fencing.
(3) Which public schools will be fenced in the next (a) 12, (b) 24 and (c) 36 months.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In total, 64 ACT public schools have a partial or full security fence. The list of schools with a security fence is attached.
(2) Security fences are installed for students, staff and public safety reasons as well as building and equipment security reasons. Schools formally submit requests to the Education and Training Directorate for the installation of a security fence. The requests are signed by the school Principal, the Board Chair and the President of the Parents and Citizens Association.
In assessing the priority for schools, the Directorate takes into account the formal requests from schools and the reported incidences of vandalism and building entry to assess those schools that are at a higher risk of security breaches.
(3) Security fences are scheduled to be installed at Mt Rogers, Red Hill, Macgregor, Maribyrnong and Fraser Primary Schools, Wanniassa School senior campus and Lake Ginninderra College in the 2013-14 schools Capital Upgrades Program. The 2014-15 and 2015-16 security fence programs will be developed in consultation with schools.
Wanniassa Hills Primary
Wanniassa School (junior)
Charles Conder Primary
Black Mountain School
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .