Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 1 Hansard (27 February) . . Page.. 365..
The Community Awareness Officer position became vacant in September 2013 and its functions have been retained by the RFS Manager for Community Awareness. Some aspects of the Community Awareness Officer position's functions have been allocated to the other senior RFS staff.
ACT Emergency Services Agency—savings initiatives
(Question No 163)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 24 October 2013:
(1) Will the Minister list all savings initiatives that have been identified in the ACT Emergency Services Agency.
(2) What is the the breakdown of source of identified savings by sub-agency, including (a) ACT Ambulance Service, (b) ACT Fire and Rescue, (c) ACT Rural Fire Service and (d) ACT State Emergency Service.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Similar to other agencies, savings and efficiency initiatives are targeted across a broad range of administrative and employee expenses for the ACT Emergency Services Agency (ESA).
Savings initiatives include:
• Provision of tea, coffee and milk for general consumption by ESA staff
• Cessation of subsidised parking for staff at Fairbairn
• Reduction in use and payment of on call/close call allowance for duty officer roles
• Reduction in leased vehicle fleet
• Procurement savings through ongoing review and management of procurement, such as limiting provision of ESA corporate uniform to non-operational staff, standardisation of stationery, etc
• Limitations on backfilling and non-essential recruitment
• ACT Fire & Rescue fee increases (pg 86, 2013-14 Budget Paper No 3)
(2) Savings initiatives apply across the ESA, including ACT Fire & Rescue, ACT Ambulance Service, ACT Rural Fire Service and ACT State Emergency Service.
Land—commence and complete charges
(Question No 164)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 24 October 2013:
Can the Minister detail all blocks that received a waiver to Commence and Complete Charges in the last five years, including (a) block and section numbers, (b) value of each the blocks listed, (c) value of each waiver for the blocks listed and (d) reason for waiver.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .