Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 1 Hansard (27 February) . . Page.. 364..
(2) The Government is not currently in negotiations with any other jurisdictions regarding CTP reforms. Negotiations with other jurisdictions are not necessary as each CTP scheme is stand alone in its jurisdiction.
It is normal practice to keep a watching brief on all jurisdictional reviews of CTP schemes. The Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate regularly participates in
inter-jurisdictional consultation on schemes and proposals for change in all Australian jurisdictions and New Zealand.
(3) The Government will continue to pursue CTP reform as priority this term.
1 ABS Motor Vehicle Census data for number of registered motor vehicles published each year.
ACT Rural Fire Service—vacancies
(Question No 161)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 24 October 2013:
(1) Will the Minister list all vacant positions at the ACT Rural Fire Service.
(2) What interim measures have been put in place to ensure that functions from these roles are still being carried out.
(3) For each position referred to in part (1), since when have the positions been vacant and what initiatives have been taken to fill these roles.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at 2 December 2013 there are two vacant positions out of a total of 14 paid positions at the ACT Rural Fire Service (ACTRFS). These are:
• RFS Deputy Chief Officer (DCO) - the RFS Operations Manager is acting in this position.
• Community Awareness Officer - the person in this position has been seconded to the Strategic Bushfire Management Plan review team within the ESA.
(2) The Operations Manager retains his substantive duties while acting as the DCO to meet the statutory requirement as set out in section 53 of the Emergencies Act 2004. Some aspects of the Operations Manager functions have been allocated to the other senior RFS staff.
In relation to the Community Awareness Officer, the substantive duties of this position have been retained by the RFS Manager for Community Awareness. Some aspects of the Community Awareness Officer position's functions have been allocated to the other senior RFS staff.
(3) The former ACTRFS DCO retired from this position in July 2013. This position is currently being filled in an acting capacity by the RFS Operations Manager.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .