Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 1 Hansard (25 February) . . Page.. 3..
If and when received, a DA for the OneSun proposal will be publicly notified under the Act for at least 15 working days. Notification will include letters to adjoining and adjacent lessees, signage on the site, an advertisement in the Canberra Times and information on the Authority's website. This provides an important opportunity for people with opinions to provide comment to the Authority. All written comments received by the Authority during the public notification period will be carefully considered.
Further information about the DA process can be found at: http://www.actpla.act.gov.au/topics/design_build.
Roads—McBryde Crescent—petition No 3-13
The response read as follows:
The ACT Government notes the petition submitted by the petitioners, tabled by Ms Lawder MLA on 26 November 2013, and makes the following comments:
• Trinity Christian School, located on McBryde Crescent, was recently the subject of an active investigation into traffic and pedestrian safety on roads in the vicinity of the school by Roads ACT.
• Trinity Christian School, like most schools in the ACT, provides carparking and pick up and set down arrangements within the school's grounds. The 40km/h school zone provided on McBryde Crescent, covering the frontage of the school including the access to the car park and bus zone area is provided by Roads ACT and supports these arrangements.
• Pedestrian crossing facilities, such as the underpass west of the school near Laurens Street and the pedestrian refuge island on McBryde Crescent near Bromley Street, were provided by Roads ACT to enhance the safety of pedestrian and cyclists' movements of the school's students and the community at large.
• Roads ACT has been working with the school community to develop further options for improvement. Stage 1 of these improvements includes the provision of a children's crossing at the existing pedestrian refuge island on McBryde Crescent near Bromley Street. In discussions with the school's Principal, this children's crossing has now been provided during the school holidays in preparation for Term 1, 2014.
Parking restrictions were also proposed for Bromley Street to improve traffic flow during school peak times. These will now be provided given that the consultation with residents has been completed.
• Roads ACT is continuing to work with the school to improve safety and traffic management during school times.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .