Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 14 Hansard (28 November) . . Page.. 4519..
Housing—social housing initiative (Question No 173)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Housing, upon notice, on 31 October 2013:
(1) How many dwellings were built through the Social Housing Initiative within the National Building Economic Stimulus Plan, broken down by type, e.g. multi-unit dwelling.
(2) What was the total value of funds received from the Commonwealth for the Initiative.
(3) How many dwellings were transferred to community housing organisations, broken down by organisation.
(4) How many dwellings are being managed by community housing organisations, separate to those in part (3), broken down by organisation.
(5) How many of the dwellings built through the Initiative have been sold to (a) tenants, (b) general sale or (c) other.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The total number of dwellings built under the Nation Building and Jobs Plan Economic Stimulus Initiative was 421. Of these 378 are multi-unit dwellings, including the 244 older person's units built on the community facilities zoned land provided free by the Government. 37 are houses, including terrace housing and dual occupancy housing and there was one larger house for housing 6 people with a disability and counted as six dwellings under the Stimulus guidelines.
(2) Total Commonwealth funding under the Stimulus Initiative was $93.48 million, comprised of $87.08 million for construction of dwellings and $6.4 million for repairs and maintenance of dwellings to ensure that the dwellings were retained as public housing rather than being sold.
(3) The number of dwellings transferred to community housing providers using stimulus funding was 51, excluding the 16 originally funded by Stimulus for CHC Affordable Housing but exchanged as CHC Affordable Housing had also received National Rental Affordability Scheme Incentives for these dwellings. The table below shows the distribution of Stimulus funded dwellings to community organisations.
Community Entity Number of Dwellings CHC Affordable Housing 22 Salvation Army 23 Uniting Church - St Margaret's 6 Total 51
(4) The number of dwellings managed by community housing organisations, separate to those in part (3) is 56, with 52 managed by Argyle Community Housing Limited and four by ECHO.