Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 9 Hansard (8 August) . . Page.. 2801..
Managing Director Mark Sullivan to the Minister Simon Corbell MLA as tabled in the Legislative Assembly on 17 September 2009 provide data on cost escalation (Table 2 and the figure on page 8 of the letter) which is given as one of the major reasons for the cost blowout; if so, given that the actual cost escalation is significantly less than that given in the ACTEW letter of 17 September 2009 to Minister Simon Corbell MLA, what are the resultant savings in both the project AOC and the cost to the client ACTEW Corporation.
(7) Following the TOC review on 20 July 2009, was the TOC estimate 'locked off"and changes to the direct costs made after that date are summarised in Table 2.1.2 of 1) Target Outturn Cost Report, 4 August 2009; if so, what was the TOC at 20 July (2009).
(8) On 27 April 2012, was ACTEW Managing Director Mark Sullivan quoted on the ABC saying that "We think we're probably going to be up around the $23million - $24million in savings from across our projects, other than the dam"; if so, do the savings referred to represent savings in cost to the client ACTEW Corporation or the sum of the differences between the AOC and the TOC for the BWA Alliance projects other than the dam (including any Gainshare/Painshare amounts) and if it is the latter then what is the actual saving to the client ACTEW Corporation; if it is the former, what is the TOC, AOC, Gainshare/Painshare and any other relevant amounts for the other projects.
(9) What is the total combined capital cost to ACTEW Corporation of the Water Security Projects (ECD, M2G Pipeline, Cotter Pump Station, Tantangara Transfer and all associated projects).
(10) What are the current and long term impacts on the ACT budget and the ratepayers of the ACT.
(11) Given that the dam will be amortised over a period of 80 years or more as per advice from Mark Sullivan, what are the total repayments to meet the capital cost of the Water Security Projects over the amortised life of 80 year.
(12) What are the total additional Operations and Maintenance costs for the Water Security Projects.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
ACTEW has compiled the following information by taking staff offline for several weeks.
(1) Forecast construction cost of the Enlarged Cotter Dam (ECD)
(a) Actual Outturn Cost (AOC)
At this point in time there is only an estimate of the AOC for the ECD and the AOC will not be known until the end of the project. The estimated AOC for the dam including Non-Owner Partner (NOP) fees is estimated at $342 million excluding flood related costs of $12.1 million. The table below provides the current estimate of the ECD.