Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 9 Hansard (8 August) . . Page.. 2799..
Learning from the pilot program laid the foundation for establishing an ongoing program - Centre for Exporting Government Solutions.
(3) (a) Centre for Exporting Government Solutions (CEGS).
(b) $150,000 per year for 3 years.
(c) Global Connect appropriation.
(d) Preparatory work commenced early 2012; Centre established March 2013.
(e) In its first year of operation, the Centre will prepare 8-10 companies for export readiness and to receive further training and mentorship on export market development. Other performance indicators are web visitor indicators and attendance at seminars and networking events.
Australian Capital Tourism—pilot initiatives (Question No 131)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 6 June 2013 (redirected to the Minister for Tourism and Events):
(1) Will the Minister provide details of Australian Capital Tourism pilot initiatives in the 2012-13, 2011-12, and 2010-11 financial years inclusive of the following services and subunits: (a) Australian Capital Tourism, (b) Canberra and Region Visitors Centre, (c) Tourist Enquiries, (d) Business Support, (e) Marketing and (f) Product and Industry Development.
(2) For each initiative referred to in part (1), will the Minister provide the (a) name of pilot initiative, (b) cost of initiative, (c) source of funding, (d) year commenced and concluded and (e) performance indicators and outcomes.
(3) If the pilot initiative was adopted as an ongoing Government program, will the Minister provide the (a) name of program, (b) funding allocation for program, and duration, (c) source of funding, (d) year commenced and (e) performance indicators and outcomes.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Better Place - Installation of a single bollard charge spot at the Canberra and Region Visitor Centre, 330 Northbourne Avenue, Dickson occurred in financial year 2012-13.
(2) (a) Better Place
(b) All costs of electricity used to operate the Charge Spot and the cost of installing the charge spot and associated metering (including wiring) was paid for by Better Place.
(c) All costs of electricity used to operate the Charge Spot and the cost of installing the charge spot and associated metering (including wiring) was paid for by Better Place. Better Place is responsible for paying for all electricity consumed