Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 8 Hansard (6 June) . . Page.. 2452..
Child care—Teddy Bears Childcare Centre (Question No 113)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Disability, Children and Young People, upon notice, on 15 May 2013 (redirected to the Minister for Economic Development):
(1) For how long has the Teddy Bears Childcare Centre operated under its past and present leases of the government-owned site at Curtin.
(2) When does its current lease expire.
(3) Has the centre made any approaches to Government in relation to developing a new centre at a different location; if so, when did the centre first begin making those approaches.
(4) Has the centre proposed any specific sites for consideration; if so, what was the Government's response in relation to those proposals.
(5) What studies were undertaken either by Government or the centre in relation to those sites and what recommendations were made to Government.
(6) What was the Government's response and the reasons for that response.
(7) Did negotiations for occupation of any proposed sites advance beyond an initial proposal; if so (a) for what proposed sites and (b) how far did negotiations for each proposal advance.
(8) If negotiations for any sites failed to conclude, what was the reason for that failure.
(9) Has the Government offered the centre any alternatives; if so, what negotiations took place in relation to each of those alternatives.
(10) If negotiations for any sites offered by the Government failed to conclude, what was the reason for that failure.
(11) Has the centre made an approach to Government for an extension to its current lease or for a new lease; if so, what was the Government's response and the reasons for that response.
(12) What assurances has the Government offered the centre for continuity of their operations beyond the expiry of their current lease.
(13) If no assurances have been offered, why not.
(14) What assessment has the Government made as to the impact on the community and employment opportunities of a potential closure of the centre when its lease expires.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Teddy Bears Childcare Centre (TBCC) has operated under its past and present leases of the government owned site in Curtin since 1992.