Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 7 Hansard (16 May) . . Page.. 2184..
(7) There have been three consumer surveys undertaken with regard to the Village Creek Centre - one prior to the relocation and two since. The survey results indicate the majority of clients accessed these services via private transport pre and post the relocation of services to the Village Creek Centre.
Access to free parking has improved with the relocation.
(8) Please be more specific about which aspect of safety you are seeking information about.
(9) See (8) above.
(10) See (8) above.
(11) Across all the services provided from the Village Creek Centre from 1 April 2012 - 31 March 2013 the total percentage of women was 53%. As the ACT Health patient administration system is not required to capture data in relation to a person's disability status, the proportion of women with disability cannot be indicated, however a significant proportion of clients accessing services at Village Creek have a disability.
(12) Information about the number of women in the ACT can be located at Australian Bureau of Statistics website (www.abs.gov.au).
(13) See (12) above.
(14) See (12) above.
National Broadband Network—rollout (Question No 98)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 10 April 2013:
In relation to the National Broadband Network rollout in the ACT, can the Minister provide details on the (a) name of suburb, (b) level of work completed, (c) status of work, for example, on time or delayed, (d) anticipated delay and reason for delayed projects and (e) works where cables will have to be relayed, and extent of this work as a percentage of total project for identified suburb.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government has no direct role in the ACT NBN Rollout; however, it has established an engagement and dialogue process with NBN Co and its local contractor - Silcar - to facilitate communications with relevant ACT Government service agencies, and to support the community consultation process around the project. In relation to the specifics of this question, there is detailed information on the NBN Rollout in the ACT on NBN Company's website.