Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 6 Hansard (9 May) . . Page.. 1899..
(3) See (2) above. Additionally, Business Development provides advice on relevant contacts within ACT Government Directorates and Community Councils who can assist in facilitating the rollout.
(4) Business Development has worked closely with representatives of the Gungahlin Community Council.
(5) Within the next two years.
(6) All of the northern suburbs including Dickson, Watson, Hackett, Downer, Turner, Braddon, Lyneham, Campbell, Reid, Ainslie, O'Connor.
(7) The three year rollout plan includes providing connections to 135,300 homes and businesses across all Canberra suburbs. There may be some homes and businesses in outlying parts of the ACT that will require wireless or satellite NBN connections.
ACT public service—Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff (Question No 107)
Mr Wall asked the Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs, upon notice, on 11 April 2013:
How many employees in the ACT Public Service, who have identified as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, are currently employed in frontline service delivery roles in each ACT Government directorate.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. As at 27 March 2013, the number of ACT Public Servants who have identified as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employed in each ACT Government Directorate is at Attachment A.
The HR System does not contain sufficient information to identify if a position is a frontline service delivery role. The only feasible way to identify the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff working in such roles would involve producing a list specifically identifying the staff and a manual review of the list by a person with knowledge of the roles (such as Business Managers in line areas). Specifically identifying staff who have volunteered equal employment opportunity information on such a list would contradict the commitment made by the Government that the data collected will not be used to identify people and will only be used for statistical purposes.
Reporting Agency Total Headcount Total ATSI Headcount ATSI % of Workforce ACTION (TAMS Directorate) 923 11 1.2% Auditor General's Office 39 0.0% Canberra Institute of Technology 953 20 2.1% Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate 318 2 0.6% Chief Ministers Office 36 0.0% Commerce and Works Directorate 103 0.0% Community Services Directorate 1304 39 3.0% Cultural Facilities Corporation 1 0.0%