Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 6 Hansard (9 May) . .
• Investigations are progressing on streamlining signage requirements for businesses and police check requirements.
• Proposed amendments to approval and licensing processes for outdoor dining areas will be introduced to the Assembly by the end of the year.
(5)(b) Please refer to (4)(b).
(6) Please refer to (4)(b)
Government business portal—redevelopment (Question No 99)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 10 April 2013:
(1) When was the existing Government Business Portal established.
(2) What is the status of the redevelopment of this portal.
(3) How much funding has been identified for this initiative.
(4) What is the source of allocated funding.
(5) Will this initiative be implemented by InTACT or by an external provider, and why.
(6) What is the identified Web 2.0 platform that the existing business.act.gov.au website will be developed on.
(7) Will the website be accessible to individuals with disabilities; if not, why not.
(8) How will social media be incorporated into this portal and what elements will be included.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The redeveloped Government Business Portal was launched in March 2013.
(2) See (1) above.
(3) $19,775 has been spent on this initiative.
(4) Internal agency resources.
(5) Shared Services ICT implemented the redevelopment using the Single Public Face templates in line with the current policy.
(6) Web 2.0 platforms allow for user interaction. The Portal features a blog, which will soon provide the ability for users to interact with content posted. As part of the portal redevelopment, social media capability has been established on Twitter and Facebook.