Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 6 Hansard (9 May) . . Page.. 1890..
Year Number of crashes
recorded 2008 102 2009 110 2010 78 2011 97 2012 84
Transport—disabled people (Question No 95)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Disability, Children and Young People, upon notice, on 10 April 2013 (redirected to the Minister for Environment and Sustainable Development):
(1) Has the Government undertaken a study on the relationship between transport corridors and people with a disability in the ACT; if so, when was this study conducted and what were the overall findings of this study.
(2) What is the current relationship between transport corridors and the (a) known postcodes of (i) women and (ii) men with disabilities residing in the ACT and (b) location of disability services in the ACT.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) No. However, the Government has an ACT Accessible Public Transport Action Plan (Plan) identifying areas for improvement on access to public transport. The Government will continue to implement this Plan.
(2) Transport for Canberra released by the Government in March 2012 shows the relationship between public transport services and the location of socially disadvantaged populations (refer page 30, Transport for Canberra, http://www.transport.act.gov.au/policy_and_projects/transport_for_canberra_policy).
Employment—skilled migration (Question No 96)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 10 April 2013:
(1) In relation to Employer Sponsored and Skilled Identified Migration Programs, did the half-yearly report note that employer sponsored migration decreased by 40.4%, and skilled identified migration decreased by 18.4%; if so, what consultations did the Government have prior to the 1 July 2012 Commonwealth visa category reforms.
(2) How much prior notice did the Government receive before these changes were implemented.
(3) How did the Government change their skill migration attraction programs accordingly to accommodate these changes.