Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 6 Hansard (9 May) . . Page.. 1888..
(d) The application of stamp duty to an affordable housing scheme depends on the contract and settlement arrangements. Therefore, it is possible that some affordable housing schemes will attract duty on the house and land. However, under the 'declared affordable house and land packages' and 'OwnPlace' affordable housing schemes, duty was specifically only imposed on the land component of the purchase. Notwithstanding whether duty is applicable to the land only or the house and land, the Home Buyer Concession Scheme could provide a significant duty concession for eligible applicants.
(e) The ACT Supreme Court's recent ruling is in relation to particular contracts in Crace, where duty was applied to the combined land and building value due to the interdependency of the contracts. Duty is applied to affordable housing schemes in accordance with the Duties Act and with regard to eligibility for home buyer assistance schemes, such as the Home Buyer Concession.
Transport—bicycle storage lockers (Question No 91)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 9 April 2013:
(1) How many secure bicycle storage cages have been built.
(2) What was the final handover cost of each.
(3) What is the (a) location, (b) capacity and (c) annual maintenance cost of each cage.
(4) How many registered users are there for each cage.
(5) What is the average daily occupancy rate for each cage.
(6) If the data referred to in parts (1) to (5) is not collected, why not.
(7) How many banks of bicycle storage lockers have been supplied and installed.
(8) How many lockers are in each bank.
(9) What was the supply and installation cost for each bank.
(10) What is the (a) location and (b) annual maintenance cost of each bank.
(11) How many registered locker users are there.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Four secure bicycle storage cages have been built.
(2) Bicycle storage cages cost approximately $100,000 each.
(3) (a) Bicycle storage cages are located at four locations: Belconnen Community Bus Station, Harrison (Flemington Road), Lyons (Melrose Drive), and Mawson (Athllon Drive).