Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 5 Hansard (11 April) . .
Answers to questions
Finance—investments (Question No 62)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 14 February 2013:
(1) Can the Minister specify the years when the Territory produced an investment prospectus over the last four financial years.
(2) In the years where the Territory produced an investment prospectus, can the Minister provide the (a) date of publication, (b) internal or external production and type of procurement if external, (c) cost/budget of production, (d) distribution targets, (e) distribution numbers and (f) investment leads generated.
(3) Will the Territory be producing an investment prospectus in 2013; if so, can the Minister specify the (a) anticipated date of publication, (b) internal or external production and type of procurement if external, (c) cost/budget of production, (d) distribution targets, (e) distribution numbers and (f) investment leads generated.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) 2009-10 No 2010-11 Yes 2011-12 No 2012-13 No
Note: Three versions of an Investment Prospectus have been produced since 2007. I have aligned the information requested in (2) for these three publications:
* Investing in Australia's Capital / Doing Business and Living In Canberra (2007-2008) was published in early 2007 to support, in particular, trade mission activity through that year. Content and titling was framed in such a way as to support use in both 2007 and 2008 calendar years.
* Investing In Canberra, Australia's Capital '08-'09 was published in 2008 to cover activity needs through 2008 and 2009. Content and titling was framed in such a way as to support use in both 2007 and 2008 calendar years.
* See Your Business in Canberra, Australia's Capital 2010-2011 was published in mid 2010 to support various international outreach activities over the two title years including trade missions to China timed around the Shanghai World Expo.
(2) Note: The cost data produced below is the Directorate's best endeavour attempt to reconcile information from various supplier invoices, quotes and internal planning documents. Given the time elapsed, changes in record keeping practice and accounting systems, staff turnover and so on, it is not possible to provide figures with 100% accuracy. However, the Directorate believes the information is an accurate reflection of the costs to produce the various versions of the prospectus and associated collateral.