Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 4 Hansard (21 March) . . Page.. 1288..
The event's direct visitor expenditure impact aims to capture the spending of all visitors that come to the ACT (or extend their stay) specifically for Floriade.
Direct visitor expenditure for Floriade 2012 was $27.6 million exceeding the target of $20 million representing an increase of $7.6 million (38%).
Trade—missions (Question No 61)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 14 February 2013:
(1) Can the Minister list all trade missions hosted by the Territory over the last three financial years.
(2) Can the Minister provide, for each trade mission hosted, the (a) date of the trade mission, (b) number of participants, (c) services provided to participants and (d) Government support funding (trade mission specific), (e) additional funding support, for example, TradeConnect grants, (f) activities undertaken, (g) outcomes achieved and (h) value of outcomes achieved.
(3) Has the Territory supported companies by providing supplementary funding for flight and accommodation on trade missions; if so, what was the (a) trade mission, (b) value of support and (c) reason for providing the support.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
• ACT Government Trade Mission to Beijing and Shanghai 2010.
• ACT Government Education Trade Mission to Shanghai and Guangzhou 2010.
• ACT Business Mission - Malaysia and ASEAN Markets 2011.
• ACT Trade Mission to Washington, the United States 2011.
• China 2010:
a. 5 - 9 July 2010.
b. 8 participant companies.
c. Austrade support - individual pre-departure support, delegation briefing pack, logistical information kit, pre-departure video conference briefing (market overview, legal overview, strategy overview for doing business in China), in-market briefing, individual business meeting program, interpreter and business meeting support, arranging and supporting networking functions in Beijing and Shanghai.
d. $84,074.32 (includes interpreter contract and Austrade fees for additional formal functions associated with Shanghai World Expo).
e. $8,151.00 - Trade Connect.