Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 4 Hansard (21 March) . . Page.. 1285..
Answers to questions
Community organisations—support (Question No 56)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Community Services, upon notice, on 12 February 2013:
(1) Which organisations have been offered financial support from the ACT Government to assist with implementation of the community sector equal pay provisions.
(2) Which organisations have accepted the offers referred to in part (1).
(3) What is the total amount each of the organisations referred to in part (2) have accepted and for what period of time is that funding provided.
(4) Which of those organisations referred to in part (2) have received their first payment under their agreement.
(5) What formula and/or criteria were used to determine the amounts offered by the ACT Government to community organisations.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A list of organisations offered financial support is at Attachment A.
(2) Organisations that have accepted the offers are included in the table at Attachment A.
(3) The total amount paid to each organisation that has accepted their offer is included in the table at Attachment A. Organisations have initially been offered support for the impact of the 2012 Equal Remuneration Order year. The Government has committed to providing financial support for the impact of the community sector Equal Remuneration Order throughout the eight year implementation period.
(4) Organisations that have received their 2012 payment are included in the table at Attachment A.
(5) Once an organisation's eligibility has been established, support for the equal remuneration case is calculated on the following basis:
a. Data is provided by the community sector organisation through the 2012 salary census, and where appropriate, from information held by the Community Services Directorate (CSD) for CSD and the Health Directorate;
b. The impact of the Equal Remuneration Order (ERO) over the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (the Award) has been calculated using the approach described in the ERO. This approach requires increases in Award salary ranging from 21%-45%, depending on the classification. The ERO salary increases then include the compounding effect of the Annual Wage Review (AWR), which provides for an increase to award salaries in July of each year. The AWR increase for July 2012 is 2.9% and has been included;