Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 2 Hansard (14 February) . . Page.. 695..
Parking—spaces (Question No 50)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 29 November 2012 (redirected to the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development):
(1) How many car parks are provided, excluding residential, and separated by (a) privately provided and (b) provided by the Government in the centres of (i) Belconnen, (ii) City, (iii) Woden and (iv) Tuggeranong.
(2) For the spaces listed in part (1), how many are (a) long stay, (b) short stay and (c) free parking,
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
Privately Provided (b)
Publicly Provided On-Street Public* City 8070 6950 1830 Belconnen Town Centre 3440 4370 1345 Tuggeranong Town Centre 2740 2600 800 Woden Town Centre 2720 4780 1500 _____________________________________________________________________
* Included in (b). Figures exclude parking spaces for motorcycles, Class B vehicles, loading zones, buses, taxis, etc.
(2) Parking spaces provided by the private sector are generally long-stay spaces, as are those provided as tenant parking. There are short-stay spaces provided in Territory-owned car parks and on-street. Free spaces are few in the City, with more in the town centres.
Short-Stay Publicly Available (b)
Long-Stay Publicly Available (c)
Free City 2160 12860 1130 Belconnen Town Centre 1820 5990 1970 Tuggeranong Town Centre 1400 3940 1040 Woden Town Centre 1610 5890 1990 _____________________________________________________________________
NB: Figures exclude parking spaces for motorcycles, loading zones, Class B vehicles, buses, taxis, etc. Free spaces are included in the totals for other categories. Town centre figures include service trades areas.
Roads—repairs (Question No 51)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 29 November 2012: