Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2013 Week 2 Hansard (14 February) . . Page.. 683..
(a)(i) In relation to the Directorate's accommodation, no major or minor capital works were completed in 2011-12, however the following refurbishment works were completed as repairs and maintenance:
• 11 Moore Street, Canberra - Additional work stations were installed utilising where possible recycled furniture at a cost of $9000;
• Nature Conservation House at 153 Emu bank, Belconnen - In the space vacated by Gateway Services, 6 additional meeting rooms, an IT training room, kitchen and public toilets were built at a cost of $710,890;
• Corner of Weingarth Street and Blackwood Terrace, Holder - Therapy ACT had 14 additional work stations installed. All furniture was recycled at a cost of $2000.
(b)(i) In 2012-13 no major or minor capital works have been undertaken to date, however the following refurbishment works have been completed as repairs and maintenance:
• 11 Moore Street, Canberra - Additional work stations were installed. Where possible recycled furniture was incorporated. The cost of the work was $112,208;
• Nature Conservation House at 153 Emu Bank, Belconnen - Additional workstations were installed at a cost of $85,411;
• Swanson Plaza, Belconnen - A new air conditioning system is being installed. This work is at no cost to the Directorate as it forms part of the new lease agreement.
(a)(ii) Recurrent expenses for 2011-12: $7,408.957 rent, electricity and outgoing
(b)(ii) Recurrent expenses for 2012-13: $3,786.914 rent, electricity and outgoing
Justice and Community Safety Directorate—accommodation (Question No 43)
Mr Seselja asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 29 November 2012:
What has been the total expense incurred by the Directorate in (a) 2011-12 and (b) 2012-13 to date, on staff accommodation including (i) capital and (ii) recurrent expenses.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The total staff accommodation expenses incurred by the Directorate in 2011-12 and 2012-13 to date are as follows:
$'000 Recurrent Expenses (Excluding Depreciation $'000 2011-12 186,632 14,405 2012-13 (as at 30 Nov 12) 46,603 5,823